felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Work with Felix but how?!
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:20:06 GMT
You might find some ideas at http://eclipse.org/equinox/server

"Simon Willnauer" <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com>
10/07/2006 03:09 PM
Please respond to

Re: Work with Felix but how?!

> Also, feel free to ask more questions on this list.
> There we go.. I guess I got the idea of OSGi / Felix and build a nice
simple example adding bundles and using them. The application I wanna
refactor to make extensive use of felix basically runs in a
and is shipped as a warfile. It seems a bit weak to me to use the osgi
HttpService as a lot of configurations for the container are not visible
far as I can see. So anyway I'm interested in a "best practice" way to
integrate felix. Is it as simple as I think it would be just starting up a
new Felix instance (Felix f = new Felix() ... bla bla) within a context
listener and register several servlets in the web.xml which make use of
services provided by felix?

Am I on the wrong way with this approach?

best regards simon