felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Todd Nist" <Todd.N...@gi.leica-geosystems.com>
Subject Embedding Felix in Application Server (JBoss)
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:35:02 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to embed Felix inside of JBoss, as
perhaps a SAR or some other service.  When the service is started, I
would like to simply create an instance of Felix to expose pluggable
components to our application.  I am thinking that it may be as simple
as:

    Felix m_felix =3D nex Felix();
    m_felix.start(.....)

Will this enable access to the bundles exposed by Felix within our other
resources, i.e. EJB's or other services?

I have looked at a package, Nuxeo Runtime
(http://www.nuxeo.org/sections/projects/runtime/) which provides a OSGI
based framework but provides some lock in to there product.  I would
prefer to leverage Felix to achieve the same type of environment if
possible.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Todd