felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Question about NOTICE file
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:45:22 GMT
Karl Pauls wrote:
> No this is different. We are not distributing any interfaces of Java.
> We are only implementing (in java language terms) interfaces.
>
> In the framework case, we are actually distributing a class called
> org.osgi.framework.AdminPermission. That is different.

Well, I am not 100% convinced that it is necessary in this case, since
our expression of AdminPermission should not violate the OSGi Alliance's
copyright on their expression of AdminPermission, since ours is not a
copy of theirs, but is a completely separate implementation.

We could just do it to be safe, but I don't believe it is necessary.

-> richard