felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Publishing Felix snapshots
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:58:06 GMT
I had been publishing snapshots of various Felix subprojects after
someone complained that the JARs in the snapshot repository were out of
date (before that complaint I didn't even know about the snapshot
repository).

A couple of weeks ago I tried to publish a new framework snapshot (with
"mvn deploy") and got an error, so apparently something had changed, so
I decided to dig around on the general@incubator.apache.org mailing list
to see if I could find anything.

I have only been subscribed to the general@incubator list for few weeks
now and apparently we missed some discussion around incubating projects
and maven repositories. I uncovered two things that are important to us:

   1. A suggestion to use a new versioning scheme that clearly indicates
      that our artifacts are from the incubator
      (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200608.mbox/%3cC9334C12-B3B1-447B-A6A2-D2C8FBED887E@maven.org%3e).
   2. A suggestion to use a new maven parent pom for incubating projects
      (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200608.mbox/%3c1AFC8E67-1155-4C92-BC2A-9F4B76412240@apache.org%3e).
      The new parent pom is
      http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/pom/pom.xml.

I would really like to publish some new snapshots, since a lot has
changed since the last snapshots were published (in August, I think). I
am hoping that the new parent pom will clear up the problem I am
currently having with publishing snapshots since I believe we are
currently pointing to the wrong snapshot repository.

I know we want to push for graduation, but if we want to publish
snapshots now I think we have to address these two issues.

What are people's thoughts on this?

-> richard