felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: OSGi m2 plugin and transitive dependencies
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:28:05 GMT
Hi,

On 9/7/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> It essentially mean that we can't leverage the <scope> for determining whether
> it should be inserted into the Bundle or expected to come from elsewhere.

As far as I understand, using the scope is probably best in most
cases. Especially for Bundle-only projects. On the other hand, John's
use case makes sense.

I could rather imagine a configuration setting like <inlinedArtifact>,
which allows to explicitly prevent inclusion of certain dependencies.

Another issue, I have, is that transitive dependencies of a
compile/runtime dependency also get included in the bundle, which of
course is fine most of the time. But not always. Example: I need
"commons-configuration" included but not the complete big list of
dependencies like "dom4j" etc. I solve this problem by using
dependency <exclusions>. While this works, it may be errorprone since
this may change from release to release. Yet it seems to me to be the
only practicable way to go.

Regards
Felix