felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Graduation vs. release
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:38:38 GMT
Huh? If the file was modified in 2005 shouldn't the 2nd copyright year be updated to 2005?

I was the one that changed the copyright year when I "reduced" the servlet 2.4 code to 2.1

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

----- Original Message -----
From: Enrique Rodriguez [enriquer9@gmail.com]
Sent: 09/18/2006 08:17 AM
To: felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Graduation vs. release

Richard S. Hall wrote:
> I think all of the above subprojects are ready to go as is with respect
> to their functionality. The following is a list of some loose ends that
> need to be tied up:
>    * Fix all headers to meet the requirements defined in
>      http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.
>    * Create an appropriate LICENSE file.
>    * Create an appropriate NOTICE file.
>    * Determine how the OSGi interface source and classes must be handled.
>    * Determine version numbers for subprojects, especially those that
>      will be released along with the framework.
>    * If we release bundle repository as part of the framework install,
>      then determine what we will do for the repository.
> Comments on the above and on things that I am forgetting are welcome.

On the incubator list they also pointed out that the copyright years
were altered on the forked servlet code from Tomcat:

It also seems that Felix has forked Tomcat's servlet code - which is okay:

However, the copyright years have been altered from the original file
- removing 2004 and adding 2005 - which isn't okay:

View raw message