felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Graduation vs. release
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:36:42 GMT
> It appears that there was some confusion about the requirements for
> graduation. In the past we were told that we could not do a release
> of Felix while in the incubator

Actually, it was only somewhat discouraged.  "Could not" is far too strong,
since many projects do one or two releases before graduating.

> but now it seems that we must prepare a release as a prerequisite
> for graduation.

This came out of the observation that projects often error in their initial
release preparations, so going through the process, even without actually
making a release, is a very useful exercise for everyone.

> My view is that the framework is ready for release, so this is not
> necessarily a huge burden, we just have to tie up some loose ends.

Please keep in mind: you do not need to actually release anything.  We do
not need to vote to release.  We just want to see a release prepared, so
that we can verify that your processes properly address licensing,
notification, etc. in what would be the release.

	--- Noel