felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Expanded Bundle
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:49:04 GMT
You can install an exploded bundle JAR file by specifying a URL like:

The path should point to a JAR file that is exploded in the exact
structure of a bundle JAR, such as if you simply did a "jar xf" on the

You will not necessarily automatically see changes in the
framework...generically you will still need to do an "update" on the
bundle to see the changes and you could run into problems if you are
using native libraries...

-> richard

Joe Toth wrote:
> I apologize in advance since this is, kind of, a user question, but
> there is
> no user mailing list yet...and I'm also new to OSGi in general.
> Is there a way to install an expanded bundle?
> Basically, it would be nice if I could do something like 'install
> classpath:/home/jtoth/project/bin" which would have the
> and classes as a bundled jar.  Its nice to be able to use hot class
> swapping, plus if the MANIFEST/MANIFEST.MF changes to automatically
> 'update'
> the bundle.
> Then I could even autostart all the bundles in development...
> felix.auto.start.1= \
> classpath:/home/jtoth/project/bin ...
> Or is there any other way to develop bundles than packaging them?
> Thanks

View raw message