felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation vs. release
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:17:27 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> I think all of the above subprojects are ready to go as is with respect
> to their functionality. The following is a list of some loose ends that
> need to be tied up:
>
>    * Fix all headers to meet the requirements defined in
>      http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.
>    * Create an appropriate LICENSE file.
>    * Create an appropriate NOTICE file.
>    * Determine how the OSGi interface source and classes must be handled.
>    * Determine version numbers for subprojects, especially those that
>      will be released along with the framework.
>    * If we release bundle repository as part of the framework install,
>      then determine what we will do for the repository.
> Comments on the above and on things that I am forgetting are welcome.

On the incubator list they also pointed out that the copyright years
were altered on the forked servlet code from Tomcat:

"
It also seems that Felix has forked Tomcat's servlet code - which is okay:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/felix/trunk/javax.servlet/src/main/java/javax/servlet/GenericServlet.java

However, the copyright years have been altered from the original file
- removing 2004 and adding 2005 - which isn't okay:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/servletapi/branches/servlet2.3-jsp1.2-tc4.x/src/share/javax/servlet/GenericServlet.java
"

Enrique