felix-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Santillan <santil...@dit.upm.es>
Subject Re: JMX and UPnP
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:29:35 GMT

Didier Donsez escribió:
> Manuel Santillan wrote:
>
>> That's great news. Regarding Spoon, however, I've seen that Spoon is
>> CeCILL'ed (http://www.cecill.info/index.en.html ) and AFAIK is GPL-like.
>> Maybe there's an issue there
>>
>> BTW, have you committed some of your bundles to the sandbox?
>>
> I received my Apache account yesterday !
I was being to anxious, sorry :-)

>> I'm
>> especially interested in JmDNS at the moment,
> Sure, It enables to announce the JMX service urls
> We use it in JOnASonDemand to discover the instances of a J2EE cluster
> Mikael presented this at the OSGi World Congress 2005 in Paris.
>
> I have started to patch the JConsole (JDK 6.0) to add JMX service url
> discovery but this work is still under construction
> I can send you the code if you want to have a look on it !
That'd be great! In fact, mishell was inspired by an addition to
JConsole: the script interpreter that accepted Javascript. I started
playing around a bit and then things started to work. Having a look at
the code might help me solve a strange issue I have: I receive the event
but its ServiceInfo is null...

>> to let mishell discover
>> jmood, but it's LGPL'd, and I wanted to make some modifications
>>

> I can change the licence but my code is only a SOA wrapper of the
> http://jmdns.sourceforge.net/
> And "
>
> The code (jmdns) is released under the LGPL license so that it can be
> freely incorporated into other products and services.

In fact, jmdns is also ASL'd so it works fine. I've looked at it and
played with the code, but I think it does not make sense to bundelize it
myself when you have done it already, so I'd rather use yours. In fact,
if you commited it, I could just handle the dependency with Maven..