felix-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 02:42:26 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Piero Campanelli wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have read about that some projects of Apache Consortium are switching
>> toward an OSGi based architecture.
>> At the moment I built this list:
>> - James
>> - Cocoon
>> - Geronimo
>> - Tuscany
>> do you know if is there any other project?
> Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Derby's emebdded
> database jar (derby.jar) is an OSGi bundle. Since there is currently no
> testing framework for this functionality in Derby, I'd be interested in
> seeing if Felix & Derby could be tested together.

Just like we've been keeping track of R4 contributions in Confluence
[1], perhaps it would make sense to track the status of other ASF/OSS
projects packaged as OSGi bundles, with links to relevant email threads
and info pages?

Yes, Apache Directory can be added to that list.

[1]  http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Felix+R4+contributions

View raw message