felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: License issue
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:24:18 GMT
Sorry for the confusion of my response.

The question was about having dependencies from Felix (subproject) code
to MPL or CPL licensed code.

My response was intended to mean that Apache legal says that it is ok to
have binary MPL or CPL products in our releases, but not source versions
of them.

This is an Apache issue, not a general open source issue. The source use
of these licenses requires some degree of reciprocity, which is why they
cannot be included in Apache releases.

-> richard