felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Introducing Open Source Newton Project - Document Driven, Dynamic Component Framework
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:30:25 GMT
On Wednesday 13 September 2006 22:21, Cameron Taggart wrote:
> Deployment to a production environment will
> require a commercial license from Paremus..."

FWIW, that statement is not compatible with the GPL. You are not allowed to
make non-commercial restrictions to the GPL, and as long as I am prepared to
use it under the terms and conditions of the GPL, I can't be forced to use it
in non-commercial or production environments.

So either that statement is an incorrect claim, OR it is not licensed under

Nevertheless, the technology is real cool, and wish I had some time to look
more into it...

View raw message