felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:44:32 GMT
On Friday 08 September 2006 05:51, Erik Bengtson wrote:
> As you said, JPOX jars are OSGi bundles, but not necessarily will run in
> Felix the same as in Eclipse because we use extension and extension
> points... unless Felix supports declarative services through the Eclipse
> proprietary plugin.xml?

Olivier tries to point out that the "extension point" mechanism in Eclipse is
(or will be) implemented as OSGi service(s) packaged in OSGi bundles.

That means for jPox --> No changes.
That means for jPox users, running on Felix --> Need to deploy
those "Extension Point" bundle(s) on Felix.

Does it work today? Probably not. But since both the Equinox and Felix folks
are pulling in the same general direction of interoperability, my guess is
that it will work eventually.

Cheers
Niclas