felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: OSGi m2 plugin and transitive dependencies
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 03:35:00 GMT
On Thursday 07 September 2006 03:21, John E. Conlon wrote:

> Problem:
> When using the OSGi plugin it is necessary to change the scope to
> 'provided' on artifact1 and artifact2 in order to prevent those jars
> from being added to the created bundle artifact. But changing the scope
> to provided no longer assigns artifact1 and artifact2 as transitive
> dependencies.  This has the side effect of breaking other projects that
> are picking up artifact1 and artifact2 transitively from this project's
> pom.
>
> Is there a way that these artifacts can be excluded from the bundle and
> still retain their transitive relationship to the project?

Very interesting case, that _I_ have not thought of.

It essentially mean that we can't leverage the <scope> for determining whether
it should be inserted into the Bundle or expected to come from elsewhere.

Would it work better if one says; If the dependency HAS packaging!=osgi-bundle
AND scope!=provided AND scope!=test then it should BE ADDED into the bundle
jar.

Cheers
Niclas