felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Should I move JMood to the trunk?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:17:28 GMT
On Friday 01 September 2006 16:58, santillan wrote:
> Just a note: while JMood's initial version was LGPL'd, a software grant was
> given to the ASF and the JMood code in the trunk is properly ASL'd.
> Moreover, I've removed the dependency to MX4J just in case (as it was easy
> to refactor), so currently only depends on osgi.core, osgi.compendium, the
> framework and Junit, so no licensing problems here :-)

Cool. So we are discussing a hypothetical case ;o)

 Who has given the software grant?
 And what is the software grant covering??
(pointer would be good).
> My question was more related to formalisms such as Jira issues or
> headers/license files additional to the standard ASL header on every source
> file (which of course is included)

1. Only the Copyright owner is allowed to remove Copyright notices.
2. There is a new Apache header to be used from now on.

See http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party and the rest of that
page for more details.

View raw message