felix-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Preferences Service RDBMS impl
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:30:04 GMT
Hi Felix,

I'm considering the direction I should take for this implementation, mainly 3
release it at all.

Since it has not bring much interest, I will probably not release it for the
moment, however I can send it to you in case you are interested in seeing the
code or maintaining it.

The implementation itself is very simple, but integrating/deploying is quite
annoying. For single node/instance deployments, an embedded derby instance
works pretty fine, however deploying to multiple nodes requires starting a
derby network server and configure the datasource accordingly if you want to
have prefs available to all nodes.

Erik Bengtson

Quoting Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschberger@day.com>:

> Hi Erik,
> I am working on a project which discusses an implementation of the
> service on top of a Java Content Repository (JSR-170, see also
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org) and would be very interested in your
> implementation.
> Regards
> Felix
> On 9/18/06, Erik Bengtson <erik@jpox.org> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've created a prefs service implementation using JDO / derby and was
> wondering
> > if this project would be interested in this form of prefs storage?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Erik Bengtson

View raw message