felix-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Best Practices on dependencies [was Re: Orbit]
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:20:36 GMT
Hi,

What is the best practice regarging dependencies? For instance, we have some
bundles with dependency to commons-dbcp, commons-pool, etc.. Those are
currently not in the repository, however I suppose they will eventually be.
Meanwhile, should be have a dependency to
org.apache.commons_pool/org.apache.commons_dbcp bundles or libraries?

If the best practice is dependency to a bundle, what is the appropriate bundle
ids / version?

We do not distribute commons bundles/libraries and we would expect users to
create their own until available in the repository.

Aside question, can you give a light on the relationship between OBR and Maven 2
repos and future?

Thanks,

Erik Bengtson