felix-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using javax.microedition.io
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:29:14 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> It seems like we could just remove the offending code with the
> dependency until it is resolved if this were going to hold up graduation.

What offending code though? Referencing the javax.microedition classes
seems fine from the licence terms of the JSR 139 specification? It includes:

   Sun Microsystems, Inc. ("Sun") hereby grants you a
   fully-paid, non-exclusive, non-transferable,
   worldwide, limited license (without the right to
   sublicense), under the Sun's applicable
   intellectual property rights to view, download,
   use and reproduce the Specification only for the
   purpose of internal evaluation, which shall be
   understood to include developing applications
   intended to run on an implementation of the
   Specification provided that such applications do
   not themselves implement any portion(s) of the

JSR-000139 Connected Limited Device Configuration 1.1
(Final Release)

 follow the links to download the spec and then review licence.

View raw message