felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [testing] Automated (in situ) testing
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 01:14:52 GMT
Hi all,

I'm going to take another stab at this one. But let me take a step back
to the requirements level.

After writing a bundle containing a service, I'd like to write some
tests and have maven run them against my bundle in place within Felix.
Of course, all dependent bundles would need to be installed so the
target bundle being tested can be installed and started.  I want this to
happen as part of the test life-cycle of Maven.  So to "mvn install" a
bundle, it's (in situ) tests must pass.

First let me stop and ask if people are really interested in having this
capability?

Basically I'm looking for an OSGi bundle testing framework which easily
integrates with Maven and it's compile-test-install etc life-cycle.  We
used to have this over at Avalon for the Pheonix container; it was
called punit.  It would be nice to have something analogous to it here
at Felix, so we can automate in situ testing of OSGi bundles.

Alex