felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: How close to graduation?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:48:09 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> = the incubator.apache.org/felix website =
> This is currently effectively a single page site. This may be okay
> for an incubating project, but it certainly isn't for a TLP. I'm not
> sure when we would need to deal with this (i.e. before or after
> graduation), but we will need to.
>
> We'll need to have some basic documentation for Felix - maybe an
> introductory tutorial - stuff that a newcomer is likely to want to read.
> Maybe we have this stuff already, in which case great, we just need to
> move it to incubator.apache.org/felix.

Well, the documentation definitely needs improvement, there is no
argument there; however, it is not as bad as it appears if you just look
at the incubator page. On the wiki we have docs for:

    * Felix community roles and processes
    * Felix Usage
    * Felix OSGi Bundle Repository
    * Felix TCK results

Among other things. We can also move over the tutorial from
(http://oscar-osgi.sf.net/tutorial) without much difficulty if someone
has the time to do it...this was already started on the wiki, but not
finished.

> Now, as far as the question of what technology to use (Confluence or
> Maven), I'd propose we continue to use Confluence for our wiki, but just
> make do with Maven for now for our main site. Maven works in a way that
> fits into the Apache infrastructure as it is right now, so life with it
> will be easier.

I guess the main issue for me is, I don't really know how to structure
and synchronize what we have on the wiki with what is on the incubator
web page.

-> richard