felix-dev mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPOJO Felix does not import messages
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 06:54:20 GMT
Hello,

These message happens with the latest version of Felix. We are looking
for the reason of these messages.
These warning messages are strange : the class is correctly loaded.
Moreover, the Config Admin handlers and architecture handler works
correctly.

Clement

John E. Conlon a écrit :
> On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 09:19 +0200, Clement Escoffier wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> For the second issue, it is a "simple" problem of manipulation. The
>> class was manipulated two times. So it inserts the _cm field (component
>> manager of the component) two times, and that is not allowed by Java.
>> The newest version of iPOJO (patch submitted this morning) solves this
>> problem. Before manipulating a class I check if the class was not
>> already manipulated. So you can test with the newest version of iPOJO
>> plugin, and tell me the result.
>>
> Regarding issue 2...
> Tried the latest plugin that includes the patch, I now get the arch
> command to show up in the interpreter and the arch command works.
>
> But I am still getting felix messages telling me that I have not defined
> the import for 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' in the several
> iPOJO bundles that I have specified for architecture.
>

>> I don't really understand the first issue. iPOJO runtime imports,
>> contains and exports org.osgi.service.cm package. But this should not
>> influence your bundle. Could you rebuild your bundle and check if the
>> your bundle imports really the package (with the command "headers 20" in
>> the console).
>>

> Rebuilt everything but my bundle 20 still does not import the org.osgi.service.cm package.

> Yet as mentioned previously the bundle and configuration management does work.
>
> Could these two issues be related?
> - Both issues show bundles that are failing to import a package used by iPojo;
> and both issues show that the headers from these effected bundles really do NOT import
these packages;
> and both issues have bundles being flagged by Felix WARNINGS for not importing packages;

> and for both issues, the bundles in-spite of the WARNINGS still work.
>
> cheers,
>
> John
>
>> Clement
>>
>> John E. Conlon a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Clement and Richard,
>>>
>>> Have been off on another project but came back today and svn uped felix,
>>> built it and did the same with a previously working set of iPOJO
>>> bundles.
>>>
>>> I encountered the following two problems when I tried to load my
>>> bundles:
>>>
>>> ------------
>>> 1. felix warning errors on my previously working bundles problem telling
>>> me that I did not import the 'org.osgi.service.cm' package.  Well I am
>>> letting the iPOJO plugin generate my imports but I guess it leaves this
>>> one out? Strange that the config admin appears to still update this
>>> component. Here is the felix message:
>>>
>>> DEBUG: WIRE: 20.0 -> org.apache.commons.jxpath -> 8.0
>>> WARNING: *** Class 'org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService' was not found
>>> because bundle 20 does not import 'org.osgi.service.cm' even though
>>> bundle 4 does export it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.osgi.service.cm' to bundle 20. ***
>>> (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Class
>>> 'org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService' was not found because bundle 20
>>> does not import 'org.osgi.service.cm' even though bundle 4 does export
>>> it. To resolve this issue, add an import for 'org.osgi.service.cm' to
>>> bundle 20. ***)
>>>
>>> and here is the metadata:
>>>
>>> <component
>>>   className="com.verticon.react2.osgi.React2Server2"
>>> 	           name="com.verticon.react2" architecture="true">
>>>   <Provides interface="org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler">
>>> 		<Property field="eventTopics"
>>> 		  name="event.topics"
>>> 		  value="com/verticon/rfid/MOVEMENT"/>
>>> 		<Property field="eventFilter"
>>> 		  name="event.filter"
>>> 		  value="(event.topics=*)"/>
>>>   </Provides>
>>>   <ConfigurableProperty field="eventTopics"
>>> 		name="event.topics"/>
>>>   <ConfigurableProperty field="eventFilter"
>>> 		name="event.filter"/>
>>>   <Provides
>>> 	   interface="com.verticon.react2.business.React2Service"/>
>>>   <dependency field="uriObjectLoader"/>
>>>   <callback final="VALID" initial="INVALID" method="starting"/>
>>>   <callback final="INVALID" initial="VALID" method="stopping"/>
>>> </component>
>>>
>>> ----------------------
>>>

>>> DEBUG: WIRE: 23.0 -> org.ungoverned.osgi.service.shell -> 2.0
>>> DEBUG: WIRE: 23.0 -> org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture -> 5.0
>>> DEBUG: WIRE: 23.0 -> org.apache.felix.ipojo -> 5.0
>>> WARNING: *** Class 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture'
>>> was not found because bundle 20 does not import
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even though bundle 5 does export
>>> it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 20. ***
>>> (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Class
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture' was not found because
>>> bundle 20 does not import 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even
>>> though bundle 5 does export it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 20. ***)
>>> WARNING: *** Class 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture'
>>> was not found because bundle 20 does not import
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even though bundle 5 does export
>>> it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 20. ***
>>> (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Class
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture' was not found because
>>> bundle 20 does not import 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even
>>> though bundle 5 does export it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 20. ***)
>>> WARNING: *** Class 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture'
>>> was not found because bundle 22 does not import
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even though bundle 5 does export
>>> it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 22. ***
>>> (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Class
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture' was not found because
>>> bundle 22 does not import 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even
>>> though bundle 5 does export it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 22. ***)
>>> WARNING: *** Class 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture.Architecture'
>>> was not found because bundle 21 does not import
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' even though bundle 5 does export
>>> it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
>>> 'org.apache.felix.ipojo.architecture' to bundle 21. ***