felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Felix Commons Initiative
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 12:08:23 GMT
On Tuesday 01 August 2006 06:59, BJ Hargrave wrote:
> > [   ] +1 Accept the proposal.
> > [   ] 0 I don't care.
> > [ X ] -1 Reject the proposal.
>
> I would rather see effort put into Maven to make it painfully simple for
> all JARs for be bundles by default.

Agree with BJ, that we should try to educate other communities first, and only
secondly resort to our own bundlizations.
If we establish a maintained list of which projects provides OSGi manifest
headers in their artifacts, and which don't (that we are interested in), we
could slowly push each where we want them to go... Bundlization en masse
seems like the wrong way to go.

Cheers
Niclas