felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using javax.microedition.io
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:46:27 GMT

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:51:43 +0800, "Niclas Hedhman"
<niclas@hedhman.org> said:
> On Thursday 17 August 2006 22:27, Upayavira wrote:
> > BJ Hargrave wrote:
> > > I should be able to release the j.m.i code from OSGi to Felix under AL2
> > > the week of September 11th.
> >
> > Okay. IIRC the board meeting is on 16th. So it is close. However, what
> > I'd propose is we leave the code in place until the day before the board
> > meeting, and if the OSGi code is not available, we remove the dependency
> > then, and I'll attach a note to the agenda item making it clear that
> > action has been taken one way or the other.
>
> Yes, as long as the PMC is "on top" of the situation, knows it exists and
> have
> a plan for dealing with it, I can't see the Board would object.

Well, I don't want to test it. Basically, dealing with licensing is a
pre-graduation task. Until we've resolved the dependencies license or
removed the dependent code, I'm not happy persuing graduation.

> I have a question;
> Is the Board voting for TLP before or after the Incubator PMC votes for
> graduation?

Actually, the Incubator PMC votes on accepting graduation. That is the
most crucial vote. Once the incubator PMC has accepted the proposal to
graduate, a motion would be put before the board, using all the legal
"Hereby be it noted" language. The board would then do whatever they do
during their meeting to decide whether they accept the Incubator PMCs
recommendation. Likely they will.

Regards, Upayavira