felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] artifactId/repository/JAR file naming
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:03:08 GMT
Yes. This is actually what I meant but my stupidity filter was off :-)

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@us.ibm.com
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"santillan" <santillan@dit.upm.es>
07/11/2006 12:35 PM
Please respond to
felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

<felix-dev@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] artifactId/repository/JAR file naming

BJ's idea sounds *almost* good to me. Maybe it doesn't make sense at all,
but I'd rather not have *.felix.felix-* in the BSN, as I don't see
benefits
for the redundancy. How about using the package after the groupId for the
BSN? Do you think that would be useful for soothing interop with the PDE
guys? It'd be something like:

    ${groupId} = org.apache.felix
    ${package} = shell
    ${artifactId} = felix-${package}
    <!--${bundle-symbolicname} = ${groupId}.${artifactId}-->
    ${bundle-symbolicname} = ${groupId}.${package}
    ${exported-package} = ${groupId}.${package}

--

Manuel Santillán <santillan@dit.upm.es>
http://www.dit.upm.es/santillan