felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Confluence wiki
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:40:13 GMT
On Jul 21, 2006, at 12:12 , Upayavira wrote:

> We now have a Confluence wiki at:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Index
>
> I will now see if I can get a symlink at:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX
>
> So, Marcel, we can now start porting pages across from the SafeHaus
> wiki

With some assistance from my colleague (Ronald Spierenburg) all pages
including attachments have been copied from the SafeHaus wiki to
their new home. I have added a warning to the homepage of the
SafeHaus wiki, but we can remove the space there now.

Our next step will be to clean up the documentation and restructure it.

> We may also consider using this wiki for editing our website. To do
> this, we should look into Pier Fumagalli's 'exporter', which makes a
> static site out of a Confluence one.

To be honest, I would rather use the confluence site AS our site,
instead of making static snapshots of it. This, in my opinion, would
make it easier to maintain since it essentially removes any
"deployment" steps that would otherwise be needed.

As for the artifacts that maven generates, I think we can deploy
those to a static location and "embed" them in the wiki somehow.

What do others think of this approach?

Greetings, Marcel