felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Again on the UPnP and Event Admin service
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:50:23 GMT
On Jul 3, 2006, at 13:23 , Francesco Furfari wrote:

> in my case they aren't junit tests. I would be too complicated so
> far, but I agree that we need a plugin that launches the framework
> with the possibility to configure the bundles to install.
> Unfortunately in our case (UPnP) it is not always sufficient, as
> some times we should launch external devices too, so automating the
> tests is not so trivial :(

Creating a plugin to start the framework, install a specific set of
bundles and run some tests would be the first step. With this in
place we could then perhaps add bundles to simulate specific devices
for even more advanced testing scenarios. However, I think we should
avoid depending on specific, physical hardware for any of the
automated tests because those would never be available on a
continuous build server.

Greetings, Marcel