felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: Tagging Felix Bundles
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:59:16 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 18:24, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> I wasn't really expecting that we would release all of Felix subprojects
>> in a single, versioned release. I assume that the individual subprojects
>> will follow their own release schedule and will release accordingly.
> I agree with that in principle, but I also think that somewhere down the line
> it is beneficial to new users if we do "distro project(s)" which wraps up
> 1..n subprojects into a cohesive system. One doesn't exclude the other...
> Cheers
> Niclas
	That's extremely true, even if we can fix it for user by using the
website as main distribuition system instead of SVN where, on the
website, we release collection bundle that work each other...
	Other than, we can use several OBR repository where each OBR repository
contains only bundle that we know for sure that do not clash with other
bundle contained in the same OBR repository (the same approach used by
Eclipse with Callisto)

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

View raw message