felix-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tagging Felix Bundles
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:15:55 GMT
Francesco Furfari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm going to commit a new version of the UPnP base driver that requires
> a new patched version of  the CyberLink library.
> The library is embedded in the the bundle and I should delete the old
> version from the resources of the project.
> Is this the case in which I should create a Tag for the current bundle
> before to proceed with the update?
> In your opinion which is the best structure for the tags?
> trunk
> <bundle project (i)>
> tags
>    <bundle project (i)>
>          <bundle project(i)>-<version>

Why do you want the tag? Are you ever going to want to get back to the
old version?

Also, remember, you can always get to it via revision ID if you don't
create a tag.

So unless you've got a compelling reason for creating a tag, I'd just
get on and delete it. It'll still be there :-)

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message