felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: felix.* sources not available from m2 repo
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:29:51 GMT
Just as a quick response.

You are saying there is some way to publish our sources with Maven? I
don't really know anything about this, perhaps it is something we can
look into.

As a side note, you don't need to check out the entire trunk, since you
can just check out the subproject you are interested in...however, I am
sure this process can be improved.

-> richard

Manuel Santillán wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm currently re-setting up my felix environment to make eclipse and maven
> work together. What I'm trying to do is to only have in my eclipse workspace
> the projects I really want to work with (i.e., the ones in which I change the
> code). However, I would also like to be able to browse the source code for
> their dependencies, while not having the projects in my workspace (to avoid
> having a potentially huge workspace). The maven plugin for eclipse handles
> this quite nicely if you specify the "-DdownloadSources=true" option.
> However, I've noticed that felix projects do not publish their sources in a
> suitable way (while others such as Junit do).
> Would it be possible to have felix's projects sources available at the repo,
> as other modules do (e.g., junit provides the junit-3.8.1-sources.jar)? Or am
> I missing something?
> I've been playing around a wee bit and finally found a not-so-bad workaround,
> using doing a 'mvn -DperformRelease=true clean install' to the parent felix
> project (which I've svn-co'ed in other dir), but I think this is a bit
> overkill, IMHO, users that only want to use other modules as a dependency but
> browse the source shouldn't have to checkout the whole tree and perform a
> local release.
> Cheers,
> Manuel

View raw message