felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Licensing and graduation tasks
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:53:22 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> We have been having a private discussion that might as well be public,
> about what is required to graduate Felix from incubation.
> Licenses
> --------
> We identified three licenses that were possibly problematic:
>    * asm 2.2.1 (INRIA, France Telecom License,
>      http://asm.objectweb.org/license.html, ???)
>    * kxml 1.21 (Enhydra Public License, ???)
>    * javax.microedition javax.microedition 1.0.4 (???)
> I can see from reading the first that it is pretty straight-forward.
> The second, is problematic, but has been solved by a move to kxml2. Can
> someone confirm that there's no more occurances of KXML1 in Felix?

Well, I am fairly certain that kxml 1.21 is no longer used, since
Service Binder was the only subproject using it and we updated that. To
prove it, I just removed by maven repo and rebuilt the entire trunk and
only kxml2 showed up in my maven repo. :-)

> Wiki
> ----
> We should move our SafeHaus wiki over to ASF, or declare it unofficial.
> I'd prefer the former. However, SafeHaus uses Confluence 2.2 and the ASF
> uses 2.1.5.
> I will mail General@incubator to see if we could wait for 2.2 and
> whether that would hinder graduation.

I would like to get our wiki set up as soon as possible so that we can
start making the documentation that we do have more visible and start to
create more documentation. Are there some features we really need from
2.2? I just dump docs into it, I am not really using any features per se.

-> richard

View raw message