felix-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Licensing and graduation tasks
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:04:36 GMT
We have been having a private discussion that might as well be public,
about what is required to graduate Felix from incubation.

We identified three licenses that were possibly problematic:

   * asm 2.2.1 (INRIA, France Telecom License,
     http://asm.objectweb.org/license.html, ???)
   * kxml 1.21 (Enhydra Public License, ???)
   * javax.microedition javax.microedition 1.0.4 (???)

I can see from reading the first that it is pretty straight-forward.

The second, is problematic, but has been solved by a move to kxml2. Can
someone confirm that there's no more occurances of KXML1 in Felix?

Does anyone have a URL for the license for javax.microedition?

We should move our SafeHaus wiki over to ASF, or declare it unofficial.
I'd prefer the former. However, SafeHaus uses Confluence 2.2 and the ASF
uses 2.1.5.

I will mail General@incubator to see if we could wait for 2.2 and
whether that would hinder graduation.

Regards, Upayavira