felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Running Felix within Eclipse
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:52:30 GMT
Stefano Lenzi wrote:
>> From there all you should have to do is create a Java Launch
>> Configuration and run.  Of course if you change the code in the
>> workspace then you have to run Maven again and get new JARs generated.
> That's what I want to avoid when I'm coding...

I don't use Eclipse in this way, so I cannot really offer too much advice.

You could install the JAR by reference, e.g., "install
reference:file:/path/to/jar", but you could run into some issues if you
majorly change the structure of your JAR file.

> I don't know what is changed inside the core of Felix, but at the time
> of Oscar I was able to lunch it as standard Java Application and the
> debug the code and also change code during at run-time with Eclipse

I am not sure I understand exactly, but in Oscar, it should have never
automatically saw changes in the bundle JAR file unless you updated it,
which would also be true in Felix. Felix does add the install by
reference feature, but even this has its limitations...some of which
might be improvable.

-> richard

View raw message