felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: Problem mvn install and mvn clean
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:32:49 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Stefano Lenzi wrote:
>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>
>>> I had deployed all of the iPOJO JARs to the snapshot repository back
>>> during ApacheCon, I believe. I am not sure why it appeared to not be
>>> there, but it has existed there for a little while...it had to otherwise
>>> our builds would have been failing for a while.
>>>
>> That's not true, if you have recently build you'll had the dependency
>> cache on your local repository, so most of us didn't get any trouble
>>

> I don't see how, since I didn't add iPOJO to the main pom file until I
> learned that I could deploy to the snapshot repository. I won't claim
> that I know for sure what is going on, but I do know for sure that I
> deployed all iPOJO JARs to the snapshot repo at the same time and this
> was a little while ago. I also know for sure that I didn't add iPOJO
> subprojects to the main pom until after I deployed them to the snapshot
> repo.
OK! So mine theory is been failed :-S I was just guessing... Anyway if
you go to have a look to
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.ipojo.plugin/0.6.0-SNAPSHOT/
you'll be able to see several release but none named as SNAPSHOT

Another idea to explain why people do not have such problem can be that
most of us have installed the plugin manually once just to test it and
they forgotten it.

>> Also what do you think from moving the plugins under tools/maven2?
>
> First, that won't solve this problem. Second, the whole tools/ directory
> was supposed to be moved a long time ago to follow the voted on naming
> structure. Of course, we can also decide on another structure, but that
> would require another vote. :-)
I've forgotten that tools we be move, BTW I think that splitting the
trunk directory won't be so bad, so that we can have a directory for
 - OSGi Core
 - OSGi Compendium
 - tools
 - bundle/application
 - bundle/library
 - bundle/example
and so on...

BTW it may be too late :P

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

P.S.: One of the best command of SubVersion is the "svn move" command :P