felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Durand <gdur...@gillinfo.com>
Subject DeviceManager and driver bundle update
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:15:40 GMT
Hello,
my question isn't felix specific since it has no DeviceManager
implementation yet, but it may sometime.

When a driver bundle is updated the spec says the DeviceManager should
wait some time to determine if the bundle is really updated or rather
uninstalled (or stopped).
I suppose it is to determine wether to release the matches between the
driver and its devices.
The implementations I tried so far (knopflerfish R3, and eclipse R4)
seem to not implement this behaviour, since if there are 2 drivers
declared for the same device category and I update the currently used
one the other one is immediately attached to the devices even though it
has a lower match value. It seems there's something wrong here as I
would expect the higher matching one should always be used.

Do these implementations just forgot to implement this behaviour or did
I misunderstand the spec?

--
Guillaume Durand
SIRLAN Technologies