felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Problem trying installing Felix
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:02:02 GMT
Hello Ivo,

I just talked to the maven developers (on the codehaus irc #maven
channel) and they quicky fixed the problem. There was an issue with a
specific plugin that they fixed. Please try building again. Try
building again!

To all: we really need to review the way we build with maven.
Appearantly, because we include a snapshot repository in our build,
we automatically get a snapshot version of everything else too, which
basically means we're running on a very unstable version. This has
bitten us a couple of times now.

Now, I'm not sure why we include this snapshot repository, but the
advice on the #maven channel was to see if we could remove that from
our pom.xml (the <pluginRepository> that points to a snapshot
repository). Did anybody add that one for a specific reason?

Our other option would be to manually "pin down" each individual
plugin we use in the build. I got a hint on that, we should somehow
specify "build > plugins > plugin > version" for each plugin. This
seems a lot of work though, so I'd rather go for the default of not
going for snapshots at all.

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message