felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Licensing and graduation tasks
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:59:16 GMT
On Monday 17 July 2006 23:13, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> I was just reading the MX4J web site and they make the following
> statement on their web page:
>     "MX4J is released under an Apache-style license. In practice this
>     means that you can do almost anything you want with the code,
>     including its use in commercial software."
>     http://mx4j.sourceforge.net/docs/ch01s06.html
> So, perhaps this won't be a big issue, but how do we get this verified?

The license attached is a BSD-style license (probably a slight derivation
regarding giving credit). BSD-style licenses are generally accepted to be
dependent on in ASF, and I don't see (IANAL) any problems with this one.

We need to place the license into the a "license" folder or similar of the
distributed material, and add a reference/content in the NOTICE file.

View raw message