felix-dev mailing list archives

From "santillan" <santil...@dit.upm.es>
Subject RE: OSGi Plugin for Maven 2.0 - add support for individual class dependencies
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:01:25 GMT
I completely agree with that. I'm fed-up to handcraft jar files to include a
couple of classes, then update and repeat the process each time a new
release is available, but I don't want a 2 MB jar inside my own bundle to
use 10 utility classes...

--

Manuel Santillán <santillan@dit.upm.es>
http://www.dit.upm.es/santillan
Departamento de Ingeniería de Sistemas Telemáticos
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Avda. Complutense, s/n
28040 Madrid SPAIN
Tel. +34 913367366 ext.3034

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Enviado el: jueves, 13 de julio de 2006 18:04
Para: felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
Asunto: Re: OSGi Plugin for Maven 2.0 - add support for individual class
dependencies

I welcome such an extension. In general I would like to have the
possibility, when creating a bundle, to specify which dependencies
should be provided at runtime and which ones will be embedded. When
embedding dependencies, I'd like to have the choice to either "embed
for private use" or "embed and export". An option when embedding
would definitely be to embed only those parts of a dependency that
you actually use (which mainly applies to the "embed for private use"
case.

This extension seems to be heading in the above direction, so to me
it's a very nice first step.

Greetings, Marcel