felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAffer <Jeff_McAf...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Poll - updating HTTP to newer jetty
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:21:42 GMT
As a point of interest, what are the bundle symbolic names for these two
Jetty bundles?  I ask because we've been struggling with how to name
bundles that contain new versions of something like Jetty.  That is,
should the bundles be
        http.jetty version 4
        http.jetty version 6
or
        http.jetty version ???
        http.jetty6 version ???

Similarly for things like a servlet API bundle.

We are pretty open.  It would be interesting to see if we can align on
this naming.

Jeff

Rob Walker <robw@ascert.com>
06/06/2006 07:59 AM
Please respond to
felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Poll - updating HTTP to newer jetty

Agreed.

I think we have that covered:

http.jetty - will remain as is for now
http.jetty6 - will be an SVN copy from http.jetty for versioning
purposes, over which the Jetty6 mods will be made

At some later stage we can decide if it makes sense to merge back down
to jetty service based on Jetty6.

-- Rob