felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: Poll - updating HTTP to newer jetty
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:30:04 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> I'm working on the implementation now. The architecture and the APIs
> of Jetty6 has changed considerably since Jetty4 so it took some time
> to figure out how to modify the current http.jetty implementation so
> that it works with Jetty6. I'll put the code in  Jira as soon as I
> have something working.
Good news and thanks! You've taken one off my list, which just leaves me
mangen to worry about. More than happy to assist and or review code or
design ideas/approaches if you want help or input on the approach.

There's a bugfix workaround submitted in JIRA to do with \* aliases for
Http that I was going to apply to current Jetty4 version and see if was
relevant for Jetty6. Don't worry if you don't have time for that as well
- I can come back and look at it when I look at the new Jetty6 based
Http code.

> Might be, I'm not certain. I needed to change the context class loader
> while using the Oscar http service but not while using the Equinox one.
Context classloader issues are a bit of a pain in OSGi - in most cases
it's a 3rd party JAR that needs it setting to do dynamic classloading
(usually SAX parsers are the most prevalent case).

-- Rob