felix-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Maven Plugin] Additional fixes...
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:47:28 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 19:25, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>
>>Maven will not understand layouts per group id, only layouts per
>>repository which I think should be sufficient.
>

> So end of the day;
>
> Your suggestions leads to,
>
>  1. An Equinox compatible "layout".

Yep. The idea is to be able to develop and publish artifacts with Maven
and consume them directly from your favorite OSGi container. (or
OSGi-based IDE ;)

>  2. A public server with this layout where we can store OSGi
>     bundles.

Yep.

>  3. Equinox/Eclipse and Felix/Maven live happily ever after ;o)

I was hoping that it would be possible to plug in support for
Maven-based artifacts in any OSGi container so that the container could
read directly from ibiblio or a special OSGi repository when resolving
bundle dependencies.

> My immediate question; What happens when such artifact is cached? Will that
> become a part of the normal cache or stored separately? And what about the
> "layout" and filenames in this case?

About the caching that will depend on who's doing the caching. If you
are using Maven all the way through it will do as it does today if you
use the default configuration, which means that it will download
releases once, but snapshots on every run.

> Hope you bare with me/us for trying to come to a good working solution.

I will, thanks for listening to what Maven has to offer :)

--
Trygve