felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject ServiceBinder and configuration management
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 01:21:41 GMT
Have been using ServiceBinder to wrap components while experimenting
with the Configuration Admin service implementation that is in the
ApacheDS sandbox. ServiceBinder is cool but I am having problems
integrating its behavior with that of Configuration Admin.

When the configurations change in a backing store, the Configuration
Admin service will send those configuration changes to implementations
of ManagedService and ManagedServiceFactory.

My ServiceBinder component implements ManagedService so it receives
updates through the
updated(Dictionary configurationAdminProperties) method.

Thought that I could just update the ServiceBinders InstanceReference
properties to propagate these changes to the serviceRegistry, but
changing the InstanceReference properties has no effect on the
properties associated with my registered service. (With a handle to
ServiceRegistration I could set them there.)

How can I propagate these properties to the service registry from within
a serviceBinder component?

Does the Declarative Services already do this kind of integration with
Configuration Admin out of the box?

thanks any ideas,

View raw message