felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Resource Bundles and logs
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:54:13 GMT
When Richard tightened the classloading restrictions he added more
verbose logging. Must admit some of the messages are just noise and I
ignore them.

It would be nice to modulate logging to eliminate some or all of the
'noisy' ones.

Here are three variations of 'error' messages that I ignore:

1. My slf4j logging bundle will look for non-existence BeanInfo objects
so felix will generate messages like this one:

ERROR: ****
****
Package 'org.apache.log4j' is imported by bundle 7 from bundle 7, but
the export ed package from bundle 7 does not contain the requested class
'org.apache.log4j. PatternLayoutBeanInfo'. Please verify that the class
name is correct in the impo rting bundle 7 and/or that the exported
package is correctly bundled in 7.
****

2. Couple of my bundles use JXPath to query business objects. JXPath
will search for metadata objects to aid its search, causing felix to
generate messages like this one:

ERROR: ****
****
Package 'com.verticon.react2.business' is imported by bundle 20 from
bundle 20, but the exported package from bundle 20 does not contain the
requested class
'com.verticon.react2.business.MovementHistoryEntryXBeanInfo'. Please
verify that the class name is correct in the importing bundle 20 and/or
that the exported package is correctly bundled in 20.
****

3. Using beanshell script in a bundle to bring in complex configuration
information. Beanshell tries to load metadata as well. In response Felix
logs messages like:

ERROR: ****
****
Class 'java.lang.bsh' was not found. Bundle 21 does not import package
'java.lang', nor is the package exported by any other bundle or
available from the system class loader.
****
****

- John