felix-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Log Service Implementation
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 07:54:24 GMT

Hello Alex,

Ooops. Sorry for not replying earlier.

Adding OSGi support is on my todo list. However, my current knowledge of
OSGi is only theoretical, so I'd need to experiment with an OSGi container
to test any logging service implementation SLF4J might offer.

I know that is quite non-committal, but does it sound acceptable to you?
How urgent/important is OSGi logging service to you?

At 07:23 PM 5/1/2006, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>Dale Peakall wrote:
>>>I've uploaded the source files to http://www.peakall.com/osgi/
>>>I've included the raw source files, a zip that's ready to be unpacked
>>>into a felix source tree (the top-level POM will need to be updated to
>>>include the sub-project), and a pre-built bundle.
>>Well, that is an excellent start! :-)
>>Is there any general docs or information about your implementation? Is it
>>a quick and dirty type of implementation or does it leverage another
>>logging system? Perhaps you could say a few words about it?
>Hey let's also talk to Ceki about SLF4J based logging service
>implementations.  He's been a great help to us over at Directory.

Ceki Gülcü

View raw message