felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: building felix from maven
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 08:56:56 GMT
> I've been trying last few days also without success

Me too

> I'm sure maven has many good qualities and is a good model for shared
> artefacts across many projects as Apache needs, but it isn't worth a
> bean if people can't do a simple checkout and build easily

Not to mention the fact that it (almost) takes forever to do a simple
build; only to spill out about a million lines of useless messages (at
least for me). The only real nice thing is the eclipse:eclipse

> Give me Ant anyday frankly - maybe it's a little cumbersome to do fancy
> stuff, but it's easy and it works.

I was wondering whether it is possible (and hopefully easy too) to get
a plugin that enables something like the eclipse:eclipse feature but
in regard to ant?

i.e., mvn ant:ant -> build.xml

> I had 2 days set aside to do some HttpService work and they've gone now
> - the maven problems totally stopped me using them usefully.
> Not a fan .... -100
> -- Rob

Given that i used to build all of Oscar plus my bundles with a single
command and it still was a lot faster then doing a mvn clean install
for a specific bundle - I agree, Not a fan.

Karl Pauls

View raw message