felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [Maven Plugin] Additional fixes...
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 08:39:07 GMT
I agree that this is the issue, however, if you are caching Felix
bundles, you could just as easily create a "felix" directory in your
cache of bundles so that you know where they come from. Which is
essentially what maven does in its repo for all of its cached JAR files...

I am afraid that this is one of those situations where there is not a
single solution that solves every concern.

-> richard

Manuel Santillan wrote:
> It's cumbersome to deal with long names (as well as long URLs). However,
> having FQDN'd bundles may avoid some problems; e.g.,is this
> agent-1.0.0.jar mine or someone else's? URLs do not completely solve the
> problem, as some people (including myself) cache the bundles to avoid
> network problems, so that URL!=UID. That's why we follow the equinox's
> ${symbolic-name}-${version}.jar with FQDN sym-names approach.
> Just an opinion, though :-)
> Cheers,
> Manuel

View raw message