felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [Maven Plugin] Additional fixes...
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 07:21:38 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 29 May 2006 14:31, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>>> So, the symbolic name == the concatenated group.artifact... How about the
>>> Jar file name?? Is that getting the symbolic name + version ??
>> Personally, I would rather have it be artifactId + version because the
>> JAR filenames are way too long currently.
> And you don't see a problem with "scr-1.0.0.jar" ending up in potential naming
> conflict??

In conflict with what? The bundle JAR file will be used by the average
user from a URL in OBR like:

This URL is only intended to be used to install the bundle into the
framework. There is no real reason for people to actually deal with the
JAR file itself. Even then we could just append "felix." to the front or
something, as opposed to "org.apache.felix.".

> Personally, I have little preference. Eclipse uses FQDN_version.jar, and there
> seems to be some reason behind that.

My preference is to avoid such long file names since I am at the command
line a lot. However, I am flexible on the JAR naming approach. If people
prefer the long name, then so be it.

-> richard

View raw message