felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Poll - updating HTTP to newer jetty
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 13:55:30 GMT
Simon,

That is a good point...we do use the JDK1.2 version of Jetty inside our
bundle to ensure that it can run on small devices and/or old JVMs.
Bummer about that. Perhaps we will have to keep the current version
around as an alternative for those that cannot use JDK1.4.

-> richard

Kaegi, Simon wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> I'm sure the Jetty guys would suggest going with Jetty 6 as I think
> they're getting quite close to RC0.
> If you can I'd go with it.
>
> That said, (and I'm not sure that this is necessarily an issue but...)
> one thing that might shape your decision is that Jetty 6 requires JDK
> 1.4. For comparison, Jetty 5.1 sets the bar pretty low at JDK 1.2.
>
> -Simon

received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate
or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and
notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.