felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Dumb question
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 00:43:45 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Francesco Furfari wrote:
>> I have the same difficult ...but you suggest these changes because
>> you want easily install the bundles from a common location or because
>> you don't like such flat structure (or both ;-) ). In the former case
>> maybe it is possible to add some instructions to move every bundle in
>> a common directory ... without big changes to the structure .... I'm
>> just supposing :-)
>
> It is a little bit of both...I don't like having so much in the trunk,
> especially since all of the names are so long...you basically get one
> column in 'ls' which is already scrolling off the screen.
>
> Such hardships! :-)

This is the price to pay for using the package name for the module name
which does not necessarily have to be that way.  You can still name the
artifact with the package name to follow the eclipse bundle naming style
and use short names for the module.  It's really up to you.  Personally
I don't like this scheme at all.  It sounded good when it was proposed
but it's definitely an issue for working with the command line.  With
similar prefixes (pkg names) I can't even use shell tab completion properly.

Alex