felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Maven OSGi plugin update
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 10:11:43 GMT
On Thursday 25 May 2006 17:25, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> As a follow up...
>
> The plugin auto-generates the Import-Package header entry if the entry
> is not specified in the POM file. If the entry is specified in the POM
> file, then the plugin will verify its contents.
>
> I just made a modification to the plugin to generate WARNINGs when it
> detects a discrepancy, rather than ERRORs as it was previously doing.
>
> The issue here is that the plugin generates an exhaustive list of
> everything that needs to be imported by the bundle, including everything
> that is referenced by any embedded JAR files. It might be the case that
> you don't need to import everything that is referenced internally if you
> never use functionality from that part of the code.

Yes, it imports quite aggressively. I have added;

 o an <excludeImport> tag, which is a comma-separated list of packages NOT to
   import.

 o Added print out of the references in Maven debug mode (-X)

 o Added a system property "osgi.whoUses", so that one can do;
      mvn -DwhoUses=junit.framework install
   and get a list of packages that refers to it.

 o Trims the whitespaces in many config tags.

Patches for the two files are sitting in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-73

Hope the patch makes it to the codebase this time.

Cheers
Niclas